Add a little magic to any outfit with this tiny, wearable book. The cover design features an owl and a new moon. Open the book and there's an original story inside for you to read and enjoy. The story is called Things Versus Thinking. It's about the difference between a though in the head and a thing in the hand. I first performed it at a Story-Lab night at Club Passim. The audience enjoyed it, and I hope you will too.
Things Versus Thinking is a really short story, so I'm posting the entire text below:
THINGS VERSUS THINKING
Things are made out of particles of plastic and quarks of cardboard. Thoughts are made out of edited memories and amateur prophecies.
Things are stable. If you put down a teapot and turn away, behind your back it will still be a teapot.
But if you turn away from a thought it will never be the same when you come back to it. It will be darker or brighter, or less important. Or scarred because you've thought it too many times.
Is there any place in the universe more unstable than the inside of our heads?
Are there no drugs powerful enough to tame the turbulent flow of our perpetual mental alchemy? Hopefully not.
You can think about lead. And then you can think about gold.
- Book dimensions: 1.25” X 1” X .25”.
- Chain dimensions: 22” long.
- Materials: The book locket is steel with a silver oxide finish. The chain is brass with a silver oxide finish. The owl and new moon are brass with a silver oxide finish. The stones are etched glass and glass fire opals. The colored background is painted paper. The story is printed on fine linen paper.
- Construction: All the decorative elements, including the cups holding the stones, are riveted securely onto the front of the book and the chain loops are riveted onto the back of the book.
- This item comes with an artist card & a pillow style gift box.
- USPS First Class
- Will Ship in 2 Business Days
- Free Shipping