A unique and magical gift!
The cover of this wearable book features a dolphin swimming around a Celtic harp. Open the book and there's a story Inside for you to read. The story is called Sea Tea. It's about an encounter between a fisherman and a mermaid, and a favor repaid in a strange and magical way.
I first performed Sea Tea at Brother Blue's Storytelling Coffeehouse in Harvard Square. The audience enjoyed it, and I hope you will too. Below is an excerpt:
One day a fisherman was pulling in his nets when up came a mermaid. Her hair was tangled in the twine and she was just finishing off the last of his catch.
He hauled her aboard, no easy task. Like all true mermaids she was as healthy and plump as any deep sea creature with a long split tail heavily encrusted with corals, barnacles, and rough gold coins from ancient shipwrecks stamped with the proud profiles of kings and princes and even one of a young boy, an orphan king, but with that same fierce proud look. And on the oldest coins all, stamped by some lost art onto lumps of star metal that had fallen to earth, the images of queens and priestesses, wolves and snakes.
She lay on his deck in a terrible seaweed tangle, picking her pointy teeth with a moon-white fish bone.
To be continued...
- Book dimensions: 1.25” X 1” X .25”.
- Chain dimensions: 22” long.
- Materials: The book locket is steel with a silver oxide finish. The chain is brass with a silver oxide finish. The dolphin and Celtic harp are brass with a silver oxide finish. The stones are etched glass. The colored background is painted paper. The story is printed on fine linen paper.
- Construction: All the decorative elements, including the cups holding the stones, are riveted securely onto the front of the book and the chain loops are riveted onto the back of the book.
- This item comes with an artist card & a pillow style gift box.
- USPS First Class
- Will Ship in 2 Business Days
- Free Shipping